Monday, March 9, 2009

Baptismal Gown

After searching and searching for a baptismal gown for my daughter Lily I finally came to the conclusion that they are just TOO expensive! The cheapest one I found was $40, and I was not going to spend that much on a dress she will wear once!
I decided that I would just make her a dress! It would be more special anyways since it was made by her mommy. :)
All of the supplies only cost me $12, and I made the whole thing in one night! I couldn't find a pattern that I liked, so I just measured her and made it custom fit. I am so so happy with how it turned out since I haven't made a successful dress without a pattern before! :)




3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow!! I'm proud of you!! I love all the little details.
P.S. We are going to Fort Carson :)

Rikki said...

So cute! You did a great job.

mommy_on_a_mission said...

I LOVE it. So cute! you did a amazing job!